- China Health and Travel Vaccinations
- Beijing Travel Insurance
- Seven Step Beijing Trip Planning
- Internet Access
- Chinese Visas
- Chinese Embassies Abroad
- Foreign Embassies in Beijing
- Chinese Telephones and Phone Cards
- Chinese Language Guide and Phrase Book
- Getting around: Beijing Transport
- Chinese Toilets
- Chinese Finger Counting
- Chinese Money & Currency Exchange
Travel InsuranceWe strongly advise you purchase comprehensive travel insurance before you leave. BME can recommend JS Insurance for travellers from the UK and AIG Travel Guard for travellers from the USA.
Learning Chinese OnlineIf you're interested in learning a little Chinese to make your trip easier, Beijing Made Easy highly recommends signing up to the *free trial* from Chinese Pod - all you have to give them is your name and email address.
Practical Beijing Travel Advice
Beijing travel advice every tourist should hear
Essential Beijing Travel Tips:
- Always carry toilet roll
- Don’t drink tap water
- Carry a phrase book and camera wherever you go, you never know when you might want either of them
- Bring more than one way of getting money – e.g. cards and cash
- When you have the chance – e.g when paying restaurant bills, break 100Y bills to get some change, smaller shops might not accept them
- Pay attention to the weather – carry spare clothes in winter, sunscreen in summmer
- Relax and have a great time!
Beijing Travel Advice on:
What to see and do around Beijing
Wonder at the Great Wall, be awed by the magnificent Forbidden City, drink in the scenery from a boat on the Summer Palace’s Kunming Lake.