- Chinese Old Vinegar Peanuts Recipe
- Egg and Tomato Chinese Recipe
- Smacked Cucumber Chinese Recipe
- Red Cooked Pork Chinese Recipe
- Chinese Chili Dipping Sauce Recipe
- Beer Chicken Chinese Recipe
- Di San Xian 'Earth Three Fresh'
- Suanla Tudou Si - Sour & Spicy Shredded Potato
- « BACK TO MAIN
Further reading on Chinese RecipesRead reviews of our favourite "*Chinese cookery books*":http://www.beijingmadeeasy.com/beijing-books/china-books-chinese-cookery-books here.
Di San Xian 'Earth Three Fresh'
One of the most common dishes in Northern China
In response to popular demand, we’ve produced this recipe for ‘Di San Xian’, one of the most popular Chinese dishes around.
Ingredients: 1 potato, 2 aubergines, 1 green pepper, oil, soy sauce, sugar, salt, spring onion, garlic, bit of cornflour (or potato starch).
1) Cut potato, aubergine (eggplant) into medium sized cubes, tear green pepper into squares.
2) Heat a fair bit of oil and fry the potato until golden. Remove it from the oil. Add the aubergine to the oil, fry until golden, add the pepper and fry a bit longer. Remove.
3) Use a bit of oil to gently fry the spring onion and garlic, then add all the other ingredients (including potato, pepper, eggplant).
4) Add a small amount (~100ml) of hot water and boil it off, repeat the process until done (you’re probably doing about the last 20% of the cooking this way)
What to see and do around Beijing
Wonder at the Great Wall, be awed by the magnificent Forbidden City, drink in the scenery from a boat on the Summer Palace’s Kunming Lake.